Even the most successful business leaders become frustrated when following the workings of Congress. Which House or Senate Committee handles their top issues? When can they attend hearings? What's the real status of a bill? What are its chances for passage? Will there be funding?
That's why it's important to have expert legislative help who can help you navigate this constantly-changing maze. Deep Water Point's legislative experts have the knowledge, understanding, and contacts you need within the Legislative Branch to get actionable answers to your most pressing strategic questions, and help you get ready for what's next.
You can engage Deep Water Point with any or all of these important legislative services:
Legislative Advice and Support
- Who are the best people to contact on a specific issue? We can provide contact information for the right House and Senate staffers to engage with your concerns, and fuel you with the background and talking points you need to leave the right impression.
- Is Congress interested in your proposal, or would your efforts be wasted? We can help you balance the pluses and minuses of your position, so you can make smarter decisions about your outreach investments.
- What's all that mumbo-jumbo in this bill? We can help you interpret legislative language so you know what it really means, and get any additional information you need about that bill from Congressional sources.
- What does GAO think of this? We continually review their reports for issues that relate to your business, and can provide a summary report with valuable insights you can use to make the right decision.
Appropriations Advisory Services
- Is Congress funding a particular program, and at what cost? We can contact appropriate staff on your behalf to determine what Congress really thinks of the programs that matter most to you.
- Where does our bill stand? We track specific funding bills, and know where to look and who to turn to for answers on specific issues. We can then provide you with up-to-date information on each bill's status and its funding levels.