Today’s Department of Defense is undergoing dramatic shifts, realigning itself to address severe budget pressures and major acquisition reforms. The result is an uncertain and intensely competitive economic and business environment for the Department’s suppliers, and a need for outside guidance in navigating this new terrain.
Deep Water Point believes abundant opportunities remain for contractors who can help the Department realize greater efficiencies and mission performance out of this conflicted environment. Key areas where the Department will invest include:
- Consolidation of infrastructure by standardizing platforms, integrating enterprise networks and exploiting enterprise cloud capabilities and services
- Streamlining processes to promote agile acquisition and improve governance and promote efficiencies
- Strengthening the workforce through education and training
- Improving the Department’s cyber security, information assurance and information sharing posture
All these areas are ones where the Department is prepared to continue considerable investment. The contractors best suited to exploit these opportunities will be those who are able to deliver creative solutions and innovations that make use of:
- Hybrid enterprise (dedicated, virtualized, private and public clouds)
- Big data (storage management and analytics)
- Consumerization of IT
- Social media
- Cyber security / trust
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Open source
In response, Deep Water Point is encouraging contractors to take a more concentrated business development approach:
- Focus on customers you know best
- Focus on what you do best
- Focus on opportunities you can win
- Focus on retaining your current business.
Achieving these outcomes requires contractors to align their business development investments to shorter timeframes, pick winners more carefully, and pursue fewer opportunities with greater win probabilities. But this change also puts tremendous pressure on the business development processes to make every opportunity count.
This is where Deep Water Point gives you a competitive edge. We understand every facet of the DoD marketplace: our team has over three decades of experience working with and for DoD agencies and vendors. We have strong subject matter experts in each DoD investment area, and can provide senior executive access across the community. We maintain strong ties to industry partners who provide products and services to this market, and can assist in a comprehensive analysis of your DoD market requirements, funding, trends, technology initiatives, and barriers to entry. And we can provide the positioning and competitive intelligence you need for specific programs, initiatives and opportunities.
The result is a material improvement in your competitive advantage for strategic & tactical planning, life-cycle business development and capture management assistance – and an accountable increase in your Probability of Win.